Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Kayak Crazy | Kayak Forum, News, Reviews, Locations, and more! :: Forums :: Forum News and Rules :: New? Introduce Yourself!

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hey Y'all! Cakalaki Checking in!
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
H1LLB1LLY88
Thu Jul 28 2016, 07:39PM
Name: Korey Albright
Birthday: May 88
What type of Kayaking do you do: Only been on a slow river so far
How Did You Find Kayak Crazy?: I did an internet search for Kayaking stickers, and one of them was Kayakcrazy.com
-----------------------------
Comments:

My wife and I have only been twice, but I was hooked the first time. We don't have kayaks of our own, so we borrowed from a family member. We went down the Dan river up in Danbury NC. It's a really smooth, slow river with only a couple very small short rapids on the stretch we go down. I was nervous the first time, but quickly found myself looking forward to the rougher parts. I want to get into some class 2-3's, I think it would be a blast.

Here's a pic of our second outing, plus a pic of the transport vehicle cause I'm a car guy and I love my wagon!

H1LLB1LLY88
Thu Jul 28 2016, 07:43PM
Whoops, here's the wagon!

KC Kevin
Fri Jul 29 2016, 09:52AM

Awesome, just please keep in mind life jackets. Even on calm water, they are important. And wearing backpacks can get dangerous if you were to get caught up in something.. Or, if it got hooked on your kayak.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!
H1LLB1LLY88
Fri Jul 29 2016, 04:07PM
Oh definitely, but that river on that stretch is never more than waist deep. Most times not even that deep. Thanks for the info tho!

[ Edited Fri Jul 29 2016, 04:08PM ]
Mod Adrian
Sun Jul 31 2016, 07:19PM

Welcome aboard!
davidlittle
Thu Apr 20 2017, 10:34AM
Welcome! My wife and just started kayaking this year and are definitely hooked. Hope you all have fun!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design