Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Kayak Crazy | Kayak Forum, News, Reviews, Locations, and more! :: Forums :: Kayaking General :: General Kayak Forum

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Need help identifying my 2 kayaks
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
yakguy
Mon Aug 01 2016, 01:29AM
I have 2 older fiberglass kayaks that I would like to know who the manufacturer is. They are both identical except the paint. I was told by the previous owner that they were Poke boats. I contacted Poke boats and was told they are not made by them. They are 11.5 feet long and are about 30 inches wide. They are very stable and work great for recreational use on a lake. I plan on doing some minor repairs and repainting them, but it would be nice to know who made them and their approximate age. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[ Edited Mon Aug 01 2016, 10:59AM ]
Mod Adrian
Mon Aug 01 2016, 09:13PM

That's strange, the bottom one looks just like an older model poke boat, none the less it's awesome that you're going to restore them, I'll be following this thread.
yakguy
Tue Aug 02 2016, 06:57PM
I had sent the picture to Pheonix Poke boats and they say it isn't theirs. I've spent hours online trying to find a yak that looks like these, but no luck. They are both identical. The red one is pointed the opposite direction in the picture. They both have a small "fin" at the back of the opening. You can see it on the red one. They are cool looking boats, but are a bit beat. The red one is the worst. It looks like it was crashed in the front and someone did a repair with silicone and fiberglass. Ive already started removing the "repair" and getting ready to re-glass. The other one should be a lot easier.
yakguy
Mon Aug 08 2016, 02:06AM
Anyone have an answer?
KC Kevin
Mon Aug 08 2016, 02:12PM

Let me ask around. I'll put it on the FB page.
yakguy
Thu Aug 11 2016, 12:13PM
Thank you Kevin!
yakguy
Tue Aug 23 2016, 07:00PM
Still no answers as to the manufacturer, but started the restoration on the red one last weekend. It has had a rough life. Several repairs and a lot of unneeded Bondo. So far I have stripped half of the hull and fixed the seams. I think it has lost 10 pounds already. Hope to get the rest stripped and repaired and start on the top this next weekend. I'll post pics of it when done. Then I'll start on the green one. I'm hoping it is in better shape.
yakguy
Wed Aug 31 2016, 02:21AM
Update
After stripping the hull down, it appears it may be kevlar, not fiberglass. Actually a mix of kevlar cloth with a coat of fiberglass mat. Weird!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design