Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
FunOfIt
Wed Dec 21 2016, 05:42PM
I figured I would share my recent educational experience so you can learn from others' mistakes. Put the paddles in your car first! Whether you're packing up to go on a kayaking trip or loading back up to come home (ESPECIALLY if you're loading up to come home!). I've been kayaking for years but I recently made a rookie...well, not even that...just a, as we say in the technology world, ID-10-T error (ID10T=IDIOT). I set the paddles on a nearby tree that was blown over to get them out of the way of other folks who were using the landing. I didn't realize they were gone until the next day. Of course I rushed back to the landing but they were gone (either the tide got them or a local kayaker has an early Christmas present). If anyone sees two white fiberglass paddles floating down the river they're mine! I put a marker (blue push pin) on my Navionics app so you can tell where they were last seen (near River Road Landing in Wilmington, NC).
Bob
Wed Jan 04 2017, 01:26AM
Live and learn as they say. We normally take a spare paddle with us as insurance that you will not break or loose one on the river. I normally have problems such as the wife hiding the river camera from herself, with no idea where it is.
Seems like last year we left the sun glasses in the recovery vehicle one trip.

Bob

[ Edited Wed Jan 04 2017, 01:27AM ]

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design