Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
PaddleNoob
Mon Dec 26 2016, 07:07PM
Hey all, I'm new here and new to kayaking. I have a little experience with boating, but not a lot. My friends recently bought kayaks, and I wanted to join in the fun. So I found what I think was a good deal on Craigslist. A 15' 5" wooden kayak, a two seater inflatable kayak, and a 2-3 person tent for $350. So this leads me to my questions.

Do you think I got a good deal? Also what repairs and maintenance do I need to do to the kayak I now have to get the most life out of it? Additionally, I'm curious if anyone knows what kit this boat was built from, as I haven't been able to find one just like it online.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Paddler
Fri Dec 30 2016, 09:41PM
You'll probably get some answers to your questions about the wooden kayak at Chesapeake Light Craft: [Click Here]

There's a forum there which allows photos and you may get some good advice about repairs and maintenance.

Welcome to a wonderful sport and do yourself a favor: always wear your PFD when kayaking.

[ Edited Fri Dec 30 2016, 09:42PM ]
Bob
Wed Jan 04 2017, 01:14AM
Your boat looks neat. Your picture of the bottom shows the issues with a wooden boat on shallower rivers. I am not sure where you plan to kayak, but you might start saving up for a plastic boat with a replaceable skid plate for shallow rivers. We spend most of our time on Current, Jacks Fork, and the Big Piney rivers. The Missouri Ozarks has some beautiful clear water rivers to float.

Bob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design