Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
KayakCamper
Sat Dec 31 2016, 12:54AM
Hi, just found this forum and thought I'd join! So I'm new to the kayak game. I'm looking for a kayak that I can use on both rivers and lake (mostly lake). I want to bring it with me on camping/hiking excursions so I'd like to have something that I could carry a fair distance. The dream is to go lake hopping. Walk from one lake to the next while camping in between. Then go fishing as I go across each lake. Does anyone know a kayak(s) that might fit the bill?

Thanks!
Paddler
Sat Dec 31 2016, 03:29PM
Here's an excellent site to get started:

[Click Here]

Lots of good information about safety, water, skills, etc. If you plan on doing a lot of camping, you need a kayak with at least two hatches to carry your camping gear - as well as a good cart if you plan to do a lot of portaging with the boat. Waterproof bags, as well.

Your best bet is to find a good outfitter (NOT a box store as they sell junk), discuss what you want to do, and try before you buy.

Best wishes.

[ Edited Sat Dec 31 2016, 03:32PM ]
KayakCamper
Sat Dec 31 2016, 04:04PM
Thanks Paddler!
Bob
Wed Jan 04 2017, 12:50AM
Welcome Aboard!

Bob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design