Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
borrowedtime
Sat Jan 07 2017, 12:23PM
Hello! ive kayaked some here & there using others' kayaks, now i have my own. I am wondering if any of you have info/experience camping on any of the islands in Lake Granby CO? I know at least one of them is off limits, i think due to the osprey nests there, that one i will tour around but not set foot on.

Also, i know that theres dispersed camping on shore away from the crowds, i thinkl it might be cool to go up the Colorado River inlet to camp & fish.

Thank you for any info you have!
FunOfIt
Mon Jan 23 2017, 10:40PM
I visit Colorado as often as I can but have never kayaked that lake. I looked it up on my Navionics app out of curiosity. There are lots of little island that look intriguing-Elephant, Gull, Rainbow, Shelter, Deer, Harvey Islands....now I'm curious! I'm contacting some friends who live in Colorado to find out if they know anything about camping on any of them....

FunOfIt
Thu Jan 26 2017, 10:22PM
Unfortunately my contacts in Colorado haven't camped on any of the islands, just on the shore. Sorry!
borrowedtime
Fri Jan 27 2017, 09:34AM
Hey Funofit, thanks for checking on that! will have to call the park service or something to see what I can/cant do. take care!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design