Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Kayak Crazy | Kayak Forum, News, Reviews, Locations, and more! :: Forums :: Forum News and Rules :: New? Introduce Yourself!

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
new member kayaking Colorado & South Dakota
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
borrowedtime
Sat Jan 07 2017, 12:58PM
Hi all, borrowed time here,

What type of Kayaking do you do: touring & fishing

How Did You Find Kayak Crazy?: google search for kayak forums

Ive done some kayaking over the years, here & there but with other people's kayaks. ive done the Niobrara in NE (trip of a lifetime with father & brother on a father's day weekend!), along with several lakes in Colorado (Blun/Arvada Res., Blue Mesa, Willow Crk Res, Williams Fork Res) & South Dakota (Lake Vermillion, Lake Yankton, Lake Lakota, Split Rock Creek & the Big Sioux River) .

I recently aquired an inexpensive Viper 10.4 kayak for $150 from a SD hardware/lumber store. I know its not top of the line, but itll due nicely for my purposes, ie: touring flat water & lots of fishing!

I am making some mods ive seen here & on youtube and other sites. im installing fish rod holders, and an anchor trolley to the top deck that will move the anchor point to the tip of the bow. im planning on tying it to a bracket near the cockpit and letting the line pass freely to the bow, NOT tying it to the trolley ring, just incase the anchor gets stuck.

I am interested in kayak camping this summer if i can find a way to deal with one issue. I have SEVERE sleep apnea & MUST have my CPAP. I usually use a large deep cycle battery & power inverter to power it. What i need is a smaller battery & inverter to carry in the kayak that will at least last one night. Any of you have this issue?? I would also like to do some island camping on some of the larger CO lakes like Ganby, Green Mnt Res., etc. anyone know where i can get info on doing this legally? restrictions? any other lakes im missing with islands?

Also, looking for free lakes (not state park lakes) & deep enough rivers to kayak in. Have any of you successfully gone down the South Platte River out past the park at 88th & Colorado Bld and out from there? does it stay deep enough during summer to do a nice trip without the heavy spring runoff surge?

Thanks everybody! i look forward to learning & if i can, adding to the site!

[ Edited Sat Jan 07 2017, 01:40PM ]
Bob
Mon Feb 20 2017, 12:08AM
Welcome to the site. With our unseasonably warm weather here in Missouri this winter I have been thinking about looking our gear over.
I am no help with your questions about Colorado.
Bob

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design