Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
Bob
Tue May 02 2017, 11:56PM
From 25 - 29 April we had around 16 Inches of rain in South Central Missouri. We have bridges out, and roads destroyed all over. I thought I had a picture of the Two Rivers Canoe Rental building, but I could not locate it. The building is way up on a bluff overlooking the intersection of Jacks Fork & Current Rivers. You will not be getting any new pictures of it. All that is left is the concrete slab. Harvey's at Alley Springs was flooded but the building remains. No word on other canoe rentals. My understanding is that all Parks on the Ozark National Scenic Riverways are closed down due to flood damage.

This is a picture of the Powder Mill Bridge on highway 106 East of Eminence taken last year.
The wife just showed me a picture on facebook with water over the bridge. I am not sure just how far the bridge top is off the water normally, but 40 feet would be a good guess. That is a lot of water.
Highway 106 is closed near Alley Springs Park due to road damage.
Cabins, and Trailers washed down stream. What a mess.
I am hoping things get cleaned up enough to kayak in the next month or so.

Bob

[ Edited Tue May 02 2017, 11:58PM ]
FunOfIt
Wed May 10 2017, 09:33PM
Oh no! That's terrible! I hope everyone is safe.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design