Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Kayak Crazy | Kayak Forum, News, Reviews, Locations, and more! :: Forums :: Kayaking General :: Gallery

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Help ! Newb with Questions
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
YakityYac
Sun Jul 16 2017, 10:29PM
My goal was to be able to take a kayak to the water for r&r and meditation... to be able to do it by myself. After figuring out what i needed I finally got crossbars and a pair of Jaylow hooks. Today I put 2, 10'SOTs up and drove to the lake. Sounds OK right? Well the things are really heavy so my husband put them up for me then I was driving and it felt like the wind on the highway was pushing my Durango around. So do I suck it up drive slow and get a stool and bigger muscles or get a trailer? I heard trailers are too light and cause problems??
I am bummed

[ Edited Sun Jul 16 2017, 10:31PM ]
mwhensel
Mon Jul 17 2017, 06:38PM
Bought trailer at the beginning and never looked back. Wife is 5 ft. tall so car topping was never an option. I don't know if I would go as often as we do if we had to car top. Best trailer I ever found is made in WI, but they ship anywhere. (www.slickrydr.com) A little pricey but built to last. Check out their site. I would be more than happy to send pics of our set up if interested. Mike
YakityYac
Tue Jul 18 2017, 02:24PM
Have you went out with just one kayak? I have heard that the trailers are really light and swing around - fish tail. I am guessing the trailer itself is not very heavy.

How many kayaks have you loaded the trailer with?
I will most frequently go with only 1 but their will be occasion when I might take 3 or 4...

Thank You for responding!
mwhensel
Wed Jul 19 2017, 06:21PM
Many times. Normally my trailer carries 2- 14"5" wilderness Tsunamis. If you went to website, you will see trailer and how axle is kept way to the rear. In 6 years of travel, trailer has done nothing but pull straight. It is also capable of carrying 8 kayaks or more when outfitted properly.
Mike
crittrgittr
Wed Jul 19 2017, 08:21PM
Since you are already posting in the "Gallery" section, go to the top "sticky" section and look in the "Transporting your Kayak" section.
Lots of different pics and options posted as to how others transport their kayaks.
You might find an idea of something that may work for you.
Good Luck!
Paddler
Wed Jul 19 2017, 08:31PM
Thule Hullavator.
[Click Here]

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design