Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Kayak Crazy | Kayak Forum, News, Reviews, Locations, and more! :: Forums :: Kayaking General :: Kayakers In The News

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Revolutionary Folding Origami Kayak!
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689
Author Post
KayakGeo
Fri Nov 16 2012, 04:15PM
erinfroglady wrote ...

What would you charge for shipping on that to Canada? I'll even pay in USD. lol

I'd suggest that you make it out of a Canadian Dollar but those Loonies are hard to fold. LOL
AshBash
Tue Nov 20 2012, 12:23PM
I want the paper 1$ kayak Just my size and cheap LOL
sapien
Tue Nov 20 2012, 08:55PM
I read about this awhile back... this thing is a really cool idea. Once it's been out for awhile and there are some independent reviews to go on, I might eventually buy one. I spend some of my idle time researching maps of the Adirondacks and dreaming of some more backcountry trips there. There are remote waterways where the only way you're gonna get a boat in is to carry a lightweight composite solo canoe, sometimes for miles. But those are very expensive, and most kayaks are too heavy to portage long distances. Wheels are only an option on well-maintained trails with easy grades. Traditional folding kayaks are cumbersome. At just 25 lb the Oru kayak could be carried overhead (either assembled or folded), with a pack on your back just like the hardcore modern-day voyageurs do.

I doubt many kayaks make the 3+ mile carry of the Oswegatchie Traverse or the 17 portages of the Whitney Wilderness Loop -- but this might be the perfect way to do it.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design