Username:
Password:
Remember Me [ Forgot? ]

Welcome to Kayak Crazy, Please Login or Signup!
Welcome to the Kayak Crazy Forum!
New Page 1
Kayak Forum
Forums
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: KC Kevin, Red Rocket, Jaydawgx7, Jared James, Administrator, LazyBanana, Sir_Flips_Alot, Mod Adrian, Grunt, moderatortest, Truik, Jess9689, Bob, KC Scarlett
Author Post
KC Kevin
Fri Jan 30 2015, 01:37PM

^ I like that.

I paddle Hurricane and Eddyline right now because of their length to weight ratio. I want a touring kayak but have a temperamental back.

Both have great products and great support. Eddyline is heavier, hurricane is weaker.

I have many hours logged in a wilderness systems, and it took me 2 people to carry it... Strongest ABS material. My favorite so far, but the weight was too much for me.

Hurricane seats have the best support IMO. Eddyline seats make my butt fall asleep and give me lower back pain.
Paddler
Fri Jan 30 2015, 02:08PM
LOL, that bow hatch cover caught my eye, Kevin. I have the same vintage Eddyline (sans the custom decor), but in deep red. Found it used on Craigslist. Loved the quality of the boat so much, went with Eddyline for my touring boat. Have the same ACA sticker in my 14-footer. BTW, the newer Eddyline Infinity seat is much more comfortable.

Have you ever considered a Bumfortable?
KC Kevin
Sat Jan 31 2015, 07:17PM

haha, ours was Red too

We will have to look into the new eddyline kayaks to update!
erinfroglady
Mon Feb 02 2015, 05:58PM
Lindy wrote ...

LOL, that bow hatch cover caught my eye, Kevin. I have the same vintage Eddyline (sans the custom decor), but in deep red. Found it used on Craigslist. Loved the quality of the boat so much, went with Eddyline for my touring boat. Have the same ACA sticker in my 14-footer. BTW, the newer Eddyline Infinity seat is much more comfortable.

Have you ever considered a Bumfortable?

What is a Bumfortable?
Paddler
Mon Feb 02 2015, 09:19PM
Kayak seat. A lot of WaterTribers (those dedicated paddlers who do the 300-mile Everglades Challenge each year) swear by them:

[Click Here]

U.S. supplier: [Click Here]

[ Edited Mon Feb 02 2015, 09:21PM ]
Woodsmoke
Sun Mar 22 2015, 07:00PM
I'm a big fan of Jackson Kayaks too. Their kayaks are very high quality with a lot of thought and innovation put into them. My wife and I just bought 2 new ones.
rtavious
Sun Nov 15 2015, 02:12PM
I'm a Hobbie man myself. Love the hands free aspect. I currently have the Hobbie Revolution 13'. Looking to get a tandam as well. I paddle around in small flat water bayous here in south Louisiana. Main drawback to these boats is the price.
davidlittle
Thu Apr 20 2017, 10:53AM
That was some great feedback you got on the different types of kayaks. We currently live in the San Antonio area and my wife and I are fairly new to kayaking. We started out on the low end by purchasing two Sun Dolphin Aruba 10's. They have a decent kayak that is stable and has some nice features. We are ready to upgrade because we want something that is a little more friendly in Class II rapids. My Sun Dolphin takes on a lot of water over the bow if the rapid is large. I'm 6'1, 190 and I fit well in the kayak but just feel that I need something with a 300 lb. weight limit as compared to 250 for the Sun Dolphin. There are some very nice rivers around San Antonio that I would recommend. The Medina River near Bandera is small, fun and beautiful. We've been on three sections of the upper Guadalupe and also down the South Llano. Last winter we even went to the Estuaries near Port Aransas. Let me know if you would like more information. It's a blast!!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Moderator, Member

Disclaimer: Kayak Crazy (www.KayakCrazy.com), including but not limited to, staff, writers, sponsors, and our associates are not to be held accountable for any wrong or misleading information. Our visitors and members must assume and know the risks before attempting to kayak. Information on this site is mostly the views and opinions of the author and are to only be used in conjunction with kayak training from a professional. While kayaking; there is a risk of great bodily injury or even death. Products and services mentioned herein and opinions thereof contain absolutely no representation or warranties whatsoever. The user assumes all risks and responsibilities inherent with the products and the dangerous sport of kayaking. Please use discretion. Always wear an approved flotation device.
Legal | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

Kayak Crazy, Inc. 2012-2013
[Click Here]

Designed by Angelus Design